The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine is a gift from the gods to those who love and adore rich, delicious, fragrant coffee. If you’re a purist like Leroy Jethro Gibbs of NCIS you will want just ‘plain ole’ coffee’ (the man mainlines the stuff!)
Grinding Your Coffee
There are a lot of terms thrown around about coffee grinding and perhaps you aren’t sure what they mean? Here is what you need to know about the DeLonghi’s built in grinder.
In the DeLonghi ESAM3300 the beans are ground “under 15 bars of pressure” – but what does that mean? Here is a definition that might help.
15 bars of pressure refers to barometric pressure that is like being 500 ft underwater! This pressure is comparable to professional coffee house machines and much greater than most single serve coffee machines on the market. That kind of pressure results in a “frothy, coffee house experience on demand, in your home kitchen”. It’s how you create the highest-quality coffee drinks for you and all your guests, in less than a minute.
This DeLonghi coffee maker has an “integrated burr grinder”. What in the world is that?
Wikipedia defines a burr grinder is “a device to grind hard, small food products between two revolving abrasive surfaces separated by a distance usually set by the user.” That translates to grind settings that let YOU decide how fine your grind should be.
But here’s the thing … a food processor is a grinder but it isn’t a burr grinder. The difference is that burr coffee grinders are very low heat. Friction/heat will reduce the flavor of the beans whereas a burr grinder has lots less heat and will product coffee particles of a uniform size that haven’t been damaged by high temperatures.
For the very richest coffee grind your beans in the DeLonghi ESAM3300 right before brewing.
If You Love Lattes, Cappucinos And Other Frothy Drinks
The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine includes a special chamber that combines milk with steam to make a light, frothy mixture that is perfect for specialty drinks. So Starbucks, be very worried, because the DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica will brew up lattes, cappuccinos, espressos and anything else you can imagine .
Other Cool Features Of The Delonghi ESAM3300
* The DeLonghi includes a patented “Direct-to-Brew System with Thermo Block” which ensures even heat distribution and the heating system can be removed for cleaning, rather than having to scrub the entire machine while it’s sitting on the counter, which is extremely awkward. Each espresso/cappuccino/latte/coffee is the perfect temperature, every time.
* The height of the coffee spigot is adjustable. This is important because the size difference between an over-sized mug and a delicate espresso cup is substantial.
* The DeLonghi ESAM3300 can brew 7 1/2 cups of coffee or coffee specialty which is enough for everyone at your dinner party to have a cup while more brews.
* This Delonghi coffee maker possesses a cup warming plate so that you don’t have to pour your brew into a cold cup.
* The water tank is 60 ounces (7.5 cups) and is easy to clean because it’s removable and has volume indicators so that anyone making coffee will always know how much water to use in the machine.
* You will always know when to clean your machine because there are sensors that light up when “decalcification” is needed.
* There is a cup warming plate so that your receptacle won’t be cold, no matter the temperature. This will allow your brew to stay hot for a longer period of time.
* In case you forget to turn it off, not to worry. The DeLonghi ESAM3300 will automatically turn itself off after three hours.
* You control the strength of your coffee. The espresso fanatics can have a super-strong, low liquid cup while their partner can make a weaker cup and so everyone is happy.
* Yes, you can make 7+ cups – but the DeLonghi ESAM3300 will also make a single cup when you’re home alone.
* And, certainly not least, the DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine is spectacularly gorgeous! With its beautiful silver color and sleek, high-tech appearance, it looks great in any kitchen.
What If I Have A Problem? Or Decide I Don’t Like It?
The is a one-year warranty so if you have any problems it will be fixed, compliments of DeLonghi.
We always recommend buying from Amazon because their customer service is excellent (it has to be since they’re the largest online retailer and want to stay that way). If you don’t like your DeLonghi ESAM3300 you can return it for a full refund. Amazon makes returns simple.
What Do Other DeLonghi Owners Think of the ESAM3330?
At the time of this review, there are 130+ customer reviews and most of them are very happy. There are two complaints that are common.
1. The machine is noisy. I’ve never been around such a machine that wasn’t loud but obviously that bothers some folks.
2. There is no way to pre-set the brewing time. If you want to wake up to the smell of fresh espresso, you will need to attach your machine to a timer.
My neighbor has this machine and I’ve had many cups of cappuccino at her kitchen table. Personally, I’m not a big coffee drinker and would never drink an espresso. But her cappuccinos and lattes are as good as Starbucks! Based on customer reviews, many others agree and we can personally recommend this as a great machine for anyone who likes coffee and all its assorted drinks.